Incontinence Treatment Perth
Incontinence is a term that describes any accidental or involuntary loss of urine from the bladder (urinary incontinence) or bowel motion, faeces or wind from the bowel (faecal or bowel incontinence). It is more common than you think! My Physio Perth are experts in incontinence treatment Perth.
- 7-63% of women above 20 years old 1
- 23-78% of adults over 65 years old 2
- 2-22% of men above 20 years old 1
- 55.9% of pregnant women during their third trimester 3
It can be debilitating and individuals are often too embarrassed to seek help from their doctor or physiotherapist. 65% of women and 30% of men who were sitting in a GP waiting room reported some type of urinary incontinence, yet only 31% of these people report having sought help from a health professional.4 The good news is that you can be treated and managed. In many cases, it can also be cured. Let our trained physiotherapists at My Physio Perth help you with incontinence treatment Perth today!
Do you want relief from incontinence? Book online and feel better today with expert incontinence treatment by our experienced physiotherapists who are amongst the highest qualified in the world.
Factors that increase the likelihood of incontinence:
- Gender (women > men)
- Age (increases with age)
- Prostate cancer/disease/surgery
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
Urinary incontinence or poor bladder control is a common condition and is commonly associated with pregnancy, childbirth, menopause or a range of chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes or arthritis.
There are different types with a number of possible causes.
- associated with chronic retention, and
Signs and symptoms:
- Leakage of urine/bowels when coughing, sneezing, laughing, exercising or lifting something heavy
- A sudden, intense or constant need to urgently or frequently visit the toilet, associated with ‘accidents’
- You may feel as though your bladder is never fully empty and you cannot empty it even when you try.
- Waking up twice or more to go to the toilet at night
It can be caused by many things, but it can be treated, better managed and in many cases cured. For this reason, talk to one of our trained physiotherapists at My Physio Perth, in order to get back on track.
About one in 20 people experience poor bowel control. It is more common as you get older, but a lot of young people also have poor bowel control. Many people with poor bowel control also have poor bladder control (wetting themselves).
Signs and symptoms:
- Passing faeces or stools at the wrong time or place
- Passing wind involuntarily
- Stains on your underwear
- Frequent straining to empty your bowels
Incontinence Treatment Perth
Our physiotherapists at My Physio Perth are qualified in assessing providing incontinence treatment Perth. After performing a thorough subjective examination, we will carry out an assessment of your pelvic floor muscles (muscles which give us control over the bladder and bowel). We will then design an individualised exercise program to meet your specific needs. In addition, we will discuss relevant lifestyle factors with you and make necessary adjustments to prevent or manage your condition.
Low Back Pain Treatment Perth
My Physio Sorrento are experts in back pain treatment Perth. We offer a wide range of services, depending on your individual presentation and preference, ranging from massage to manipulation and dry needling. We aim to help you return to normal, pain free function as soon as possible.
- Massage Muscle tension, spasms or fatigue can all benefit from targeted massage therapy. My Physio Sorrento will work with you to help reduce pain and increase function.
- Manual therapy is always a major component of treatment at My Physio Perth. Joint mobilisation and manipulation can be a powerful technique to reduce pain and improve function.
- Taping: Taping can be a powerful method of providing support and easing pain in the acute phase. The Physiotherapists at My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic, near Hillarys have developed taping techniques specifically for various types of low back pain.
- Dry needling: A modern form of acupuncture, dry needling can reduce pain and improve muscle function. It can help with muscle soreness and tension, joint stiffness and pain and overall well-being.
- Strength training: Specifically designed training programs which increase strength, correct posture and improve muscle tone can not only help with recovery, but also prevent further injury.
- Postural assessment and correction: Spinal posture is a major cause of back pain. At My Physio Perth we are experts in postural assessment and can provide postural advice to ease your pain. Corrective exercises can also help to prevent the development of future problems.
- Post operative rehabilitation:Post operative rehabilitation is crucial for a full recovery. At My Physio Sorrento, near Hillarys we have developed excellent professional relationships with leading Perth surgeons and will ensure the line of communication remains open between patient, surgeon and Physiotherapist. We will guide you through the recovery process and back to your desired level of function.