Knee Physio Perth
Perth’s Knee Physio Experts
Injured your knee? Looking for some much-needed relief?
The knee is vulnerable to injury as it’s the only link between our hip and ankle. In fact, the purpose of the knee is to help you bear weight and absorb shock when you move – so it’s important to look after those knees of yours.
Patients with chronic knee injuries often become frustrated due to ineffective knee treatment. This can be due to inexperience or inadequate knee physio training (something you don’t have to worry about here). We’re experts in Perth knee pain treatment and will help you become knee pain free.
Not only has Ciara recovered from multiple knee reconstructions herself, she has also successfully diagnosed and treated hundred of knee injuries in the clinic. She will use her knowledge, experience and specific knee physio techniques to help you overcome your knee injuries too.
Knee Physiotherapy Appointments
For a knee physio appointment with Ciara, a 40 or 60-minute initial consultation is preferred.
This allows enough time for a thorough examination, diagnosis, explanation of your injury, treatment and exercises to perform at home.
Visit our appointments page to find out more, call us on 94476152 or Book Online.
Knee Physio Perth Treatment Techniques
There are a range of treatment techniques, our expert knee physios use:
- Massage for knee pain: Muscle tension and fatigue can contribute to knee pain. My Physio Sorrento will decide whether you can benefit from targeted massage therapy and work with you to help reduce your pain and increase your function.
- Physiotherapy for knee pain: Manual therapy is always a major component of treatment at My Physio Perth. Knee joint mobilisation can be a powerful technique to reduce pain and improve function.
- Taping for knee pain: Taping can be a powerful method for providing support and easing pain in both acute and chronic knee injuries. The physiotherapists at My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic have developed taping techniques specifically for knee pain.
- Dry needling for knee pain: A modern form of acupuncture, dry needling can reduce pain and improve muscle function. It can help with muscle soreness and tension, joint stiffness and pain, increasing overall well-being.
- Strength training and rehabilitation for knee pain: Specially designed training programs which increase strength, correct posture and improve muscle tone can not only help with recovery, but also prevent further injury.
- Post-operative knee rehabilitation: Physiotherapy rehab is crucial for a full recovery following knee surgery. At My Physio Sorrento, we’ve developed excellent professional relationships with leading Perth surgeons and will ensure the line of communication remains open between patient, surgeon and physiotherapist.
We’ll guide you through the recovery process and back to your desired level of function.
We are often asked whether running causes knee osteoarthritis (OA). This is a common misconception after experiencing knee pain following activity. What is osteoarthritis? Osteoarthritis (OA) is a condition that affects the whole joint including bone, cartilage, ligaments and muscles. Xray imaging comonly reveals age related changes in these areas of your knee, but these…Read More
Knee pain is the most common musculoskeletal complaint that brings people to their Physio. With today’s increasingly active society, the number of knee problems is increasing. Knee pain has a wide variety of specific causes and treatments. The knee joint’s main function is to bend, straighten, and bear the weight of the body, along with…Read More
Our physiotherapists at Sorrento are regularly asked whether an ice pack or heat pack should be applied for sports injuries and for back and neck pain. Most people use ice for acute injuries but do they apply it for long enough or often enough? The debate between ice and heat for pain and injuries continues…Read More