Posture can have profound effects on your body’s ability to function efficiently. My Physio Perth’s posture physios can perform a thorough postural assessment and provide you with advce and exercises, which are an integral part of successful posture correction Perth.
Do you want relief from postural pain? Book online and feel better today with expert posture treatment by our experienced physiotherapists who are amongst the highest qualified in the world.
In an erect position, our spine should have a gentle ‘S’ curve, allowing for effective shock absorption. An ideal posture would have our ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and ears in one vertical line. My Physio’s Sorrento clinic near Hillarys can provide you with effective posture correction Perth.
Any deviation from an ideal posture requires increased muscle activity, which can lead to fatigue, stiffness and pain.
Slouching or slumping places stress on the various joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles of the spine. This can lead to short term and pain and potentially detrimental longer term postural changes. It’s also possible to work too hard on your posture and create a different set of muscular problems.
Posture Correction Perth Physio
At My Physio Perth’s Sorrento clinic near Hillarys we are aware of the numerous genetic and environmental factors contributing to the development of incorrect posture and we are experts at providing corrective advice and exercises customised for your body. You may require the following services to assist with your posture correction Perth:
- Massage: Muscle tension, spasms or fatigue can all benefit from targeted massage therapy. My Physio Sorrento will work with you to help reduce pain and increase function.
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation: Manual therapy is always a major component of treatment at My Physio Perth. Joint mobilisation and manipulation can be a powerful technique to reduce pain and improve function.
- Taping: Taping can be a powerful method of providing support and easing pain in the acute phase. The Physiotherapists at My Physio Perth’s Sorrento Sorrento clinic, near Hillarys have developed taping techniques specifically for various types of arthritic pain.
- Dry needling: A modern form of acupuncture, dry needling can reduce pain and improve muscle function. It can help with muscle soreness and tension, joint stiffness and pain and overall well-being.
- Strength training: Specifically designed training programs which increase strength, correct posture and improve muscle tone can not only help with recovery, but also prevent further injury.