A Better You in 2018
It’s that time of year again when everyone is setting out New Year’s Resolutions and unfortunately it won’t be long till a majority of people start breaking them. There are many reasons why New Year Resolutions don’t stick- they may be unrealistic, there is a lack of self-discipline or life gets “too busy”. Our New Year resolution is all about you and what we can do to make 2018 a healthy and pain-free year for you. Our goal is not only to maintain but also to improve the high standard of care you’ve experienced with us.
As part of our resolution, we are going to teach you how to live a healthy, pain-free life. Your success is ours, and we are committed to your health and well-being.
In many cases there is more than one factor contributing to your pain, especially if it is recurrent or has been there for a long time. Often getting rid of your pain is the easy part. Stopping it from coming back is the real challenge. We provide you with lasting freedom from pain, so your treatment program will include specific techniques and exercises that correct the underlying cause of your problems, not just give you temporary relief.
- A physical fitness and injury assessment evaluation is the best thing you can do to keep yourself healthy and pain-free in 2018.
- Tailored exercise programs so that you can keep working on your recovery between your sessions. These may include stretches, strengthening and core stability, and are especially important in minimising the risk of your problems returning in the future.
- We will discuss any important lifestyle factors such as desk postures and exercise activities that may need to be adjusted to help you recover.
- When lifting objects, use the correct technique (as instructed by your physiotherapist) so that you can protect your back.
- When exercising, monitor your technique, breathing pattern, and range of motion during each repetition.
- Maintain an upright posture and practice postural awareness exercises at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Make it a habit to stretch at regular intervals while at work.
The New You
Your physiotherapist will teach you how to perform an exercise with the correct technique, breathing pattern, and range of motion. We will always answer your questions and help you exercise in a safe, progressive manner. Don’t hesitate to contact us to ask for help with finding a routine that will work for you.
Now it’s your turn to make 2018 a healthy and pain-free year!