The Chin Nod Stretch
The chin nod stretch otherwise known as a deep neck flexor strengthening exercise is great for those suffering with chronic neck pain or acute injuries such as whiplash.
- Lie down with a soft pillow under your neck, and with your knees bent up.
- Gently and slowly nod your head forward as if to say ‘yes’.
- Feel the muscles at the front of your neck.
- Stop the nodding action just before you feel the front muscles hardening.
- Hold the nod position for five seconds and then relax.
- Gently move your head back to the normal start position
- Repeat up to 10 times.